If you're having trouble with your device's camera not focusing, don't worry! We've compiled a list of helpful tips and tricks that you can use to quickly solve the issue.
1. Force your device to restart
- iPhone with Face ID:
- Press and rapidly release the volume up button, then the volume down button, and then hold down the side button until the Apple logo appears.
- iPhone without Face ID:
- iPhone 7: Press and hold the Sleep/wake button and the volume down button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears.
- iPhone 6s or SE (1st generation only): Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears.
- Press and hold the Power key and the Volume down key for 7-10 seconds.
2. Troubleshoot your camera and flash
- Remove any accessories, films, or cases that may be blocking your flash or camera.
- Take a few photos and try cleaning the lenses with a microfiber tissue or cloth.
- Test your device's LED flash with your flashlight in Control Center.
- If your flash or camera is still presenting issues, reset your Camera app or clear the cache of the Camera app.
- Try cleaning your lens first and then reset your Camera app or clear the cache of the Camera app.
3. Update your software
- Back up your device with iCloud or on your computer, plug your device into a power source and make sure you're connected to Wi-Fi, and then go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Go to Settings > System > System update and follow the steps that appear on the screen to see your update status.