Are you having trouble with your device's battery life? Check out these solutions to fix the issue:
1. Check your maximum battery capacity first
- Go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health
- Check the percentage (%) next to “Maximum Battery Capacity”
- If the capacity is 80% or above, your battery is in good health
- Keep in mind that when your battery is replaced by someone outside of Apple, your phone will show a notification that reads “Unknown part” or “Warning message.” Don’t panic — this is completely normal and doesn’t affect your device’s performance.
- Download AccuBattery, an app that allows you to learn more about the health of your battery
- Go to Health
- A detailed evaluation of your device's battery health will show on the screen.
- Check the battery health percentage (%) — a normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its capacity at 500 complete charge cycles if it operates within normal conditions
- The Health tab also displays Battery Wear, which shows how much damage your battery has undergone every day in a graph. AccuBattery recommends charging your battery to 80% to slow down normal wear and tear.
- Keep in mind that it takes around 4 to 5 days for AccuBattery to start monitoring your battery so that you can get accurate data on the state of it. The app learns from your usage behavior and will show more precise information as time goes on.
2. Optimize your phone's settings
- Lower your screen brightness
- Turn off push notifications or limit them to only essential apps
- Disable location services for apps that don't require them
- Turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS when you're not using them
- Use Wi-Fi instead of cellular data when possible
- Limit background app refresh
3. Change your battery usage habits
- Avoid exposing your phone to extreme temperatures
- Don't use your phone while it's charging
- Use an original charger and cable
- Don't let your phone's battery run out completely before charging it
- Keep your phone and its apps up to date
By following these tips, you can extend your device's battery life and enjoy using it for longer periods without worrying about it running out of power.